Diastersville! No, not if you own an iPhone or iPod Touch, and especially not if you’ve got an iPad.
To save your cinematic bacon, just go to the iTunes App Store and download the free Oscars app (the same one works on all three Apple devices). Here’s just a few things that the app does:
- Gives you the official schedule for ABC-TV’s “Oscar Sunday.”
- Provides a list of nominees by film name or category.
- Shows you lots of video clips, including ones for the Best Pictures nominees
- Lets you follow the “@TheAcademy” Twitter feed.
- Hands you a “Backstage Pass” to take you “behind the scenes” on Oscar Night.
- Let you vote for the “best of show” in each categ0ry while allowing your Facebook Friends to see your “ballot” and you theirs.
This “Just Show Me” video from Tecca TV demonstrating the app on an iPad makes me want to stop blogging and rush right down to my nearby Apple Store and buy an iPad 2 even though I really should wait for the next model of Apple’s popular tablet to come out in a month or so.
If I sneak a peek at sports scores, check my e-mail, or look at Twitter or Facebook on my iPhone when my wife and I are at a restaurant, she’ll glare at me across the table and hiss “Put that thing away!” But now that she has her own iPhone 4S, it’s a safe bet that her attention with be glued to it, “Watching The Oscars” while we’re dining out this coming Sunday night.
(Click here for more iPhone and iPad app reviews on Tales Told From The Road).
Last updated byat .